Friday, November 1, 2013


Will my life get better?

When things are not going as we want them to, this is a question we can't help but ponder. Will things ever get better? Is there any hope? As humans, self preservation is one of our most basic instincts, especially in a time of turmoil. I believe it is safe to say that the days in which we live are overwhelmingly complex. There are scores of unwarranted shootings and killings, confusion over what would seem to be basic common sense moral issues, turbulent financial markets and joblessness, global and civil unrest, and disaster at every turn. People are in a place of desperation and it is easy to see why. My friend, I am only human and must confess that I too share these feelings of uneasiness. However, I need only turn to the word of the living God for hope and answers.

So again I ask, will my life get better? Have you ever wondered when God will show up? So have I! The answer is; right on time. His timing is perfect, and rarely does his timing align with ours. Let us take a look at what God's word says about hope, safety and deliverance. 

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. -Psalm 46:1 (Nkjv)

We can be assured that in times of trouble that God is absolutely with us, strengthening us and providing a safe place for us, even in the midst of certain danger. When my heart is overwhelmed and I know I am in over my head, I turn to the Lord in prayer. Those who are burdened and weary can find rest in the Lord. We may feel alone at times, stranded in middle of a mess with no way out. Still, we are never alone because God is always with us. We don't have to be afraid. 

The LORD said, "Fear not, for I am with you ; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous hand." -Isaiah 41:10

The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them. -Psalm 34:7

As for me, I will call upon God, and the LORD shall save me. -Psalm 55:16

God is loving and merciful, but He is also just. If anything stands between you and the Lord, first repent and ask to be cleansed by the blood of Jesus, that nothing would hinder your cries from being heard. God will forgive us if we repent and ask forgiveness. In the same light, we should forgive those who wrong us and not harbor bitterness in our hearts. We would not want God to hold a grudge against us for our wrongs. When you have settled those things that stand in between you and the Lord, pray earnestly for relief from your troubles. He will deliver you, though I say again that it will be in His own timing. 

And not only in that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance  and perseverance character; and character, hope. -Romans 5:3-4

It is tempting to give up when we don't get our answer from God right away. Sometimes we may feel that He has forgotten us, or that He hasn't listened to our prayers. He has heard our cries and in time His mighty hand will move on our behalf. God may allow us to go through seasons of challenge to strengthen our faith, build our patience, and develop our testimony so that when we are delivered we can provide hope to those going through the same thing. 

But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. -Isaiah 40:31

My friend, I am not here to tell you  that everything will be lovely all the time. I wish I could promise that we would never face tribulations, trials or pain. I would love to tell you that we will always get our answers immediately, that we will never have to be patient, or that answers will always be what we want them to be. If I told you those things, I would surely be lying to you. Our walk of faith as Christians, servants of the Lord, followers and disciples of Jesus is not for the faint of heart. We are not promised easy lives. On the contrary we will definitely face attacks, dangers, persecutions, heartbreak and ridicule. Thankfully, our God will never leave us nor forsake us!

Our God is greater than the greatest mountains and obstacles we face. He is greater than our worst enemy and His wisdom far exceeds that of the people who try to belittle us. With God on our side who can stand against us? No one! So, I don't promise that this road will be easy, but if we endure...our rewards will be unimaginably great. We shall have victory in Christ!

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world. -John 16:33

As always, Truth is Freedom, Knowledge is Power!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled. ~Horace

Followers