Thursday, August 19, 2010

Today the clouds loom above, imposing, dark and gloomy. The morning air is brisk. It felt good against my bare skin as I walked to the dirt patch in my back yard to check on the water jug BB gun target I had set up the previous morning. Accuracy was terrible. Out of a 22 round clip I only managed to hit the damned jug once at 20 yards. Today I will try a different pistol; Smith &Wesson. Upon my return back into my home I noticed a pile of microscopic bugs moving and squirming about right over the back door entry way. Disgusting. My skin crawled at once. I resolved the matter with a few firm slaps from my big blue flip flop. Now as the oven preheats for the awaiting french toast sticks, I wonder what is this world coming to? Five years ago you could never have convinced me that my country would suck as much it does today (no matter how great you people think Americans have it; life here is far from perfect) or that I would be in the predicament that I am. Here I sit nearly 24 years old, unemployed and a seemingly permanent stay at home dad. Day in and day out applying for jobs with employers too swamped to ever reach my resume sitting at the bottom of their gargantuan piles. What about all the experience I have? What about my neat and crisp resume? What about the college education and accomplishments? My professional demeanor and work ethic? Doesn't any of it count for a damn thing? Well not anymore apparently. Two years ago I would have had no problem at all landing a job. Now any of us are hard pressed to even hear from an employer. Temp agencies, word of mouth networking, prayer, daily applications and still NOTHING! What about all the so called economic stimulus plans that didn't do a damned thing to help the American people but gave plenty of hand outs to big fortune 500 companies. Just ask their bloody CEO's. Too bad I'm not the only one struggling. Financial hardships appear to have affected just about every one that I know and plenty of people I don't know. Humbling as it is, the situation lets me know that the crisis is far larger than the individual. This is a national issue and soon to become a worldwide one if something doesn't change. Obama was right about one thing; we do need change. But we don't need any of the change that he's brought us. What Mr. President sold us was a speech with a lot of enticing words, and a damned good one. But what now? Where do we turn from here. Climbing underemployment is just one fish in a sea of dilemmas for him to tackle. It must be hard to fill those boots. Good luck Mr. President.
As Always, Truth is Freedom, Knowledge is Power

No comments:

Post a Comment

Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled. ~Horace

Followers